Monday, September 11, 2006

Big changes...

So I interviewed for a corporate job on Friday and recieved a hire offer back. Ofcourse I said yes. While I will be very sad to have my freelance work interrupted the main reason for me even applying for this job is its tuition assistance. They are going to pay 100% of my tuition up front for whichever school and whichever major I choose. So I have narrowed it down and decided on the San Francisco Academy of Art University. They have an online program and as you progress through it in 2 years you have a Associates of Fine Arts in Photography, 4 years you have a Bachelors. 6 years a Masters. I am going to stick with it for as long as I feel I am getting something out of it.

Now notice I said 'interrupted' on my freelance work. I still plan on doing as much of it as I can, just realistically it will be lessened. I have had a couple of papers express interest in the city I am relocating too and I hope to keep photographing events as I can. That way my photo resume will still show a prescense in the workforce and experience section while I am in school.

Back to current events this weekend I drove to Gunnison, CO to cover a football game. On the way back I took my time and did a little photo hunt...Here are some pics.










2 comments:

quarky said...

I really like the last photo of the crooked tree. Cheers!

Mark R Coons - Music Man5 Photos said...

Great football shot. I'm not a big football 'fan' but I enjoy photographing it as there are so many different angles to choose from.