Friday, October 13, 2006

State Tennis

Was asked to shoot state tennis yesterdat. Turned out to be a very profitable and rewarding decision. While I was attending I saw an event photography booth and thought I would go over to introduce myself. The booth I later found out was run by Wallace Photography out of Nevada and was contracted to cover all the "state" sporting events. Based on my work the owner asked me what my day rate was and when I quoted him at $200.00 he said that sounded reasonable. He rattled off a list of people that were there shooting for his company today and Bryan Kelson was listed amont them. He is a photographer for a big paper down here. I overheard him talking about his own day rate during a baseball game once...$450.00 guess I should have held out for more eh? He told me he would contact me later this week and we could coordinate our calendars. You know it still feels so strange to be able to market myself, my work. This would add another event photography company to my list of clients as well as providing me with more sports work which would be wonderful. I am so excited.

As a bonus I also shot some of my best work during the state match I was covering. Here are my favorites for your viewing pleasure...



No comments: