Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Projects

Projects:
I wonder if other photographers find that suddenly overnight your gift for any occasion is now a photo...birthdays, weddings, christmas. It all revolves around your craft. I am currently working on three projects that I thought it might be fun to showcase here.

Project 1: Mia

My editors daughter is turning 1 in less than a month. I was parusing an antique store in the next town when I came across some delightful antique wooden blocks and some rather interesting frames. Picking out the letters to spell her name it was then I decided on giving the parents a portrait of little MIA for her birthday. Now you have to realize I am NOT a portrait photographer. I actually have extremem trouble with portraits, but I am determined to persist and conquer! For this project I have chosen the following portrait.




Project 2: David and Becky

During a recent engagement photo shoot I asked the couple to kiss so I could snap some shots. The following is my favorite of those shots. I negated to include this in the photos I gave them from the shoot so that I could use it to make them a wedding gift. I decided to model this gift after a photo frame and mat from pottery barn. I hand wrote their names across the top and the year across the bottom.




Project 3: JJ calendar

My husbands mom is just wild about her dog JJ. She would love nothing more than to be able to plaster her cubicle at work with photos of him. I thought it might be nice to make her a calendar of images but wanted to give it a twist. I decided to assign each month a theme and dress her little dog up for a theme photo. This proved to be very challenging however being so hilarious it is completely worth it. Pictured here is June's theme: GRADUATION.


1 comment: