Wednesday, February 21, 2007

City Living

This would have to be by far the most challenging set of engagement photos I have taken. Both subjects wore white and the woman told me up front she did not want to sit on anything, walk anywhere or have her photo taken from the side. Not a lot to work with when we are downtown attempting to fill about an hour with portraiture. I feel bad but I made her lean, sit and walk anyway. After all they were paying me to get the best possible shots and that was what they called for. Anyway I am not very happy with these. As a set they are weak, they lack emotion. Some of them are unique and up to par but I know I am capable of doing a lot better. I hope they like them...I am kind of nervous. The full gallery can be viewed Here. But here are a few of my favorites to share...










1 comment:

Ange said...

not a very good attitude at all! unfortunately she sounds like one of those people that thinks she knows more than the person she employed to do the job. everyone is an expert these days.

you did a great job for what you had to work with but i agree that the emotional link is missing. they look like they are posing (the first one in particular) which is not what your photography is about. that said, I like the shades and colours in the last pic - except her shirt. she couldn't have picked another top that would have made her look like she had no waist if she tried.

never mind - its a learning curve. next time you can specify a little more to your clients about darker colours and allowing you to do your job.

hope you don't mind me commenting :)